Read the “0805 Evening and Morning” devotion for today, by the late Charles Haddon Spurgeon.
“It shall even be as when an hungry man dreameth, and, behold, he eateth; but he awaketh, and his soul is empty: or as when a thirsty man dreameth, and, behold, he drinketh; but he awaketh, and, behold, he is faint, and his soul hath appetite: so shall the multitude of all the nations be, that fight against mount Zion. Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink. For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us? Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter’s clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?. (Isaiah 29:8-16)
Good morning. Is it? What if you woke up this morning after dreaming about Heaven, and found out that while you slept, laws were changed: you could not read your Bible and you could not pray in public. When you went to go see your pastor, he wasn’t at home. The church had been boarded up, and your pastor was nowhere to be found. It could happen if the church is not awake on it’s watch. Remember when you could freely witness, show people from the Bible how to be saved from an everlasting Hell? Considered a hate crime, you would be arrested on the spot. And just think: it all started with evolution: there is no God, you evolved from an ape. Even Bible scholars (?) jumped on the band wagon with the “Gap Theory.”
So between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 there was a gap of time, billions of years, in which evolution took place. Wrong. On the first day God created earth and light. On the second day God created the earth’s atmosphere, separating the waters. On the third day God created the dry land and the plants. On the fourth day God created the sun, moon, and stars. On the fifth day God created the water creatures, and the birds. On the sixth day God created the animals, man, and woman. On the seventh day all creation was complete, so God rested (stopped creating). Fast forward to the future, and man cries out: He made me not. And the world we have now is shown in Romans chapter 1…
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. (Romans 1:18-32)
Rather than teach Creation along with Evolution as the law allows, teachers cram evolution down the throats of our children. They come out brainwashed saying, “There is no God, He made me not.”
Because there is no God, there is no law. Because there is no law, I am free to do whatever I want: free (to sin) to fulfill whatever I lust after: there is no eternal punishment in Hell. Why even today, if you’re a man who thinks your a woman; or a woman who thinks you’re a man, you can change your God given sex…
…or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?. (Isaiah 29:16b).
Here is some understanding…
1) “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.” (Proverbs 14:34)
2) “Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.” (Ezekiel 18:4)
3) “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:” (Romans 3:10) AND “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23)
4) “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2Peter 3:9)
5) “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
6) “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
7) “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
8) “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
9) “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:37-40)
10) “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.” (1John 5:12)
He made me not?
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” (Ephwsians 2:10)
He made me!
Pray that God would convict the hearts of the homosexual and will be ashamed of their sin. And also pray that God would convict your heart of the abominations that you have committed. We have all sinned.
Posted in Devotions by Pastor Ted Stahl with no comments yet.